Tuesday 27 May 2014

What's In My Travel Bag / Spring Break

I recently visited my family in Italy and I always like to travel light when I go back home (more room for shopping!). 
We had a great time but the weather was not the best – we had some rainy days too – nevertheless I made sure not to skip sun protection. I used Clinique City Block Sheer Spf25 everyday.
As an eye cream, I went for Liz Earle Daily Eye Repair Spf10 which - shamefully - it’s the only eye cream with spf that I own.

On ‘no make-up days’, I layered over Caudalie Vinosource Quenching Sorbet-Creme which is very hydrating but very light in texture, too; otherwise, if looking for some coverage, I used Origins VitaZing Spf15 with a dust of Neve Cosmetics Flat Perfection Mineral foundation, on top.
For even more coverage and date nights, I opted for Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Spf30 and (a lot) of concealing with Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer and Giorgio Armani Master Corrector in pink, for dark circles.

To cleanse, I used the Jurlique Purely Bright Cleanser with a refreshing spritz of Vichy Eau Thermale; the Jurlique is not drying and does a great job at removing make up, so I could use it both mornings and evenings.
Finally, I took a wee sample of Liz Earle Brightening Treatment Mask and Origins Super Spot Remover for 'emergencies'.


Make up was down to basics - natural look is always my favourite with good weather. 
During the day, I kept the eyes neutral with Pur Minerals Eyeshadow Stick in unveiled and plenty of Chanel Inimitable mascara; some Kiko Make Up Milano Glow Touch Lips & Cheeks in bitter margarita dotted on the cheeks and a quick swipe of Collistar Twist Ultra-Shiny Gloss in arancio on the lips.
 In the evenings, I dialed up the lips with the Kiko Vinyl Lips Liquid Lipstick in rich crimson which is a stunning saturated shade, but still very glossy and low maintenance.
 I relied on creamy textures on the eyes too, for a dewy/summery look: Maybelline Colour tattoos are a must, but Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in intensive coral is also a good alternative. This shimmery orangy shade can seem quite unusual but it’s really beautiful, fun and brightens the eyes; the product itself also never creases on me (but you need to make sure to spend time and work it in thin layers).
I also brought with me the new Rimmel London Glam'Eyes HD 5 Colour Eyeshadow Palette in brixton brown - which is perfection!!! - and could always come in handy!
Finally, Benefit Sun Beam to highlight and YSL Eyeliner Effect Faux Cils for a more sophisticated eye look.


Which are your holiday essentials??!

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by