Monday 14 April 2014

Manga Fever!


I’m sure you have noticed the Manga trend in make up, recently.
The imagery accompanying the products are definitely charming, cartoonish and fun. Bigger is better - in some cases - like mascara and brows in this instance.

Neve Cosmetics Manga Brows* - This brow pencil comes in 3 shades: ash blonde & cold brown, warm blonde & soft brown, rich brown & black brown.
The double-ended pencil has 2 different colours, both complementing your colouring and that will let you create a natural, yet  tridimensional and expressive look. You can use the light colour to map the shape of the brows, then add definition, drawing hairs with the darker colour; finally, comb the hair with the spoolie brush that is also included. This technique is really easy, even if you're not an expert.
 The product feels waxy on application and last all day. It's also free from parabens, silicones and petroleum derivatives; suitable for vegetarians and vegans.




L’oreal Paris Mega Volume Mis Manga Mascara - The wand reminds me of the Lancome Hypnose Star mascara: it has the same conical shape but rounder. I don’t feel that the pivot makes that big of a different and I was actually pleasantly surprised that it's not too flexible and easy to manoeuvre.
I quite like it! It does grab even the smallest lashes and it’s the perfect compromise between fibre and plastic wands. 
It's extremely lengthening and works well on lower lashes too; it does tend to clump after few coats but that helps achieving the 'promised' Manga look. 
The product itself is also easy to remove, it’s not the wettest formula - although still too wet for my liking (but I’m sure that that will improve in a matter of weeks). All in all, I would recommend it.



12 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a new mascara and the manga one sounds so good :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great mascara on many levels, I'm sure you'll love it! :) x

      Delete
  2. I heard a lot of things about this mascara, sounds good, I'll try it. Check my blog.

    http://lesfleurfashionandbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Manga Brows Pencil ,great Review!

    kisses :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's super easy to use and versatile! :)

      Delete
  4. What cool products! The brow pencil sounds so interesting because of the many shades! The one you chose could already be perfect for me so I will try to find this product :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think it owuld be a perfect match for you! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I'm so behind, I didn't even know there was a manga trend! xx

    Quite Frankly She Said - UK Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, your baby (and bump) are keeping you busy ;) xx

      Delete
  6. I have such an obsession with Japan and it's culture and I've been lusting over these Manga products like a mad women. They look so great! :)

    www.justrach.com xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty obsessed with JApanese culture too, I hope I will visit one day too :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by