Sunday 17 November 2013

Recent Loves / Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Mexican Rose




I kinda of what to end this post here and just leave you with these images because this colour simply speaks for itself!
I'm not one to shy away from bright lips in autumn/winter and it's a disgrace that forgot about this beauty for so long (I clearly have too much sh*t - I can't explain it, otherwise).
I bought the Nars Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Mexican Rose when it first came with the Spring 2012 Collection but - not to worry - it's now part of the permanent line.  

I bought it for the shade, obviously, which is a bright magenta with cool undertone.
What makes it so wearable is the shiny finish and it certainly lives up to it's name; because of the glossy formula, it can be applied sheer but you can definitely dial it up too, to achieve a more opaque result. 
I'm really impressed with the formula because it applies evenly and it's lightweight as well; it also contains Vitamin E, hyaluronic spheres and phytosterol esthers - all delivering hydration and creating a barrier to protect from environmental agents.


I guess that the only downside is that it needs sharpening which seems obsolete considering the twist-up mechanism used by other similar products.
Anyway, Nars is probably my favourite make-up brand and I'm eager to try more of these; there are different versions too - the Satin Lip Pencil in Lodhi is top of the wishlist!
Have you tried these pencils yet?

16 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous.. I'm more into nars matte shades at the moment x

    http://holaflo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely I need to try the mattes too. X

      Delete
  2. Che spettacolo! Io come Lip Pencil NARS ho "Yu", che su di me non mi piace particolarmente.. l'ho usato una volta sola :( ( a tal proposito, se potrebbe interessarti sto provando a venderlo! :P )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yu sembra carino, peccato non ti piace :(

      Delete
  3. Haven't tried it but it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...molto bella!!!...nars è arrivato pure in italia...ero da sephora a roma giorni fa ed ho conosciuto questi gioiellini!!!...ho provato diversi matitoni...splendidi!!!...mi sono innamorata di due velvet never say never e dragon girl e di una matita satin luxembourg...è stato subito amore...spettacolari!!!
    ...ciaooo...lu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the first photo the shade looked super bright, but when you swatched it it turned into more of a wearable pink, so pretty! Love the glossy look to it as well.

    Hilary | MakeupbyHilary.com x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still don't own nothing from nars, but this looks great
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely something for the Xmas wishlist ;)

      Delete
  7. I really want to try some stuff from NARS! Even though everyone goes nuts over their blushers, I really lust over thei lip products and this shade looks so pretty! Good thing I've got a big sharpener! :D x

    Fernanda | Ferdie's Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe you definitely need the sharpener ;) I love both their lips and cheeks products. X

      Delete
  8. What a gorgeous and vivid colour! I must admit I never tried any Nars products...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highly recommend nars, as I said it's my favourite brand :) xx

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by