Monday 17 September 2012

Introducing / Astalift

Astalift is a Japanese brand - developed by Fujifilm - and they successfully applied the same technology used to protect photographic films... well, to preserve skin!
I was super excited to receive these samples since I'm a photography fanatic and I, actually, studied photography at university; whilst I appreciate the comfort of digital, I'm most definitely an analog lover and my natural habit is the darkroom.
Anyway, even if you don't know anything about films you must be aware that you need to protect them from the light and it's just as much important to barrier your skin from harmful UV rays.
Key ingredient of the whole line is Astaxanthin, a high powerful antioxidant found in micro-algae; this micro-particle, combined with collagen and ceramide, is an high effective anti-aging combination that shields the skin from environmental aggressors and promote firmness and elasticity.

At the centre of the range is the Astalift Aquarysta*. This brigh red jelly is an high concentration of this anti-oxidant which is apparently 1000 times greater than CoQ10 in fighting free radicals.
You would use this product as a serum, before day and/or night moisturizer; you scoop a little bit and work it in the palm of your hands, before apply to the face.
I read people complaining that it felt sticky but you just need to read properly as the directions clearly state to stop rubbing when this happens.
I enjoyed using this product very much - love the science behind it and my skin felt smooth and plumped on application.
I found the Astalift Replenishing Day Cream* and Astalift Regenerating Night Cream* being very similar in consistency.
They are a light salmon colour - pink tone coming from Astaxanthin.
The Day cream helps to retain moisture and it's ideal both for dry skin and dehydrated skin; at the same time, Royal Jelly helps improving the appearence of fine line.
The Night cream is slightly richer and aims to encourage cell renewal during your sleep.
night cream
day cream
 Unfortunately, these samples were too small to really notice any difference but at least I had the chance to have a feel of the products and decide if I like them or not.
The verdict is that I really like this brand, especially Jelly Aquarysta; all products felt comfortable and they didn't upset my skin, most importantly.
The price is not bad, too - a small jar of Jelly Aquarysta is £26 and let's not forget that this is high tech anti-aging skincare with years of research behind it... I think it's pretty affordable.

Also, I jut noticed that Debenhams is running a promotion where you can get a free full size 15gr Jelly Aquarysta jar with any 2 Astalift purchases... if you wanna try it, this is your chance! :)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review, something I want to try x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to try it too... love the jelly!! x

      Delete
  2. These sound interesting! The jelly sounds fab :) x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the jelly is great, feels so fresh on the skin :) x

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© I am a Weapon of Massive Consumption. Powered by